Ideas of how to practice working with money:
- Put out a set amount of money on a table for your child to count the total — watch to see how they are counting, the most efficient method would be to count the higher value of coins first.
- Make sure your child knows the names of each coin and their values (quarter 25, dime 10, nickel 5, penny 1) and that 100 cents = $1
- Click HERE for an online math game of counting money
- Click HERE for another online math game of counting money
- Click HERE for practicing counting money in a non-game environment (dollar bills included)
- Need a video to learn the values of coins? Watch one HERE!