Math Challenge Task for April 20th – April 26th:
First Source: Open Middle
Picture Math Challenge for April 20th – April 26th:
After the image:
- Read more fascinating facts about drums here.
- Learn about an xylophone here.
- Sketch a plan for an instrument you can make using things around you. List your materials. Make the instrument if you can.
- Measure the different lengths of the instruments with a ruler. What unit did you use? Display your data.
- Find something around you that relates to the math you saw in the image. Take a picture or shoot a video.
Math Games for April 20th – April 26th:
(Free) Dice Games to Play at Home
Source: Math for Love (mathforlove.com)
Kindergarten: Number Races.
1st Grade: Fill the Stairs
2nd Grade: Save Twenty
3rd Grade: Blockout
A tip: invest in some 8, 10, and 12 sided dice. They’ll make games like Fill the Stairs, Horsehoes, Damult Dice, and Odd Pig Out more interesting and replayable.
Math Art Challenge for April 13th – April 19th:
Source: Annie Perkins
THE CHALLENGE: Color a spiral of numbers. Or 3. Or fifty. (This one gets quite addictive.)
MATERIALS NEEDED: A spiral chart. Here are 2 options:
It’s also very easy to make your own spiral chart:
There are a ton of great links and examples and instructions over at Megan’s blog: https://mathybeagle.com/?s=spiral
AND many other spiral options in this excel sheet she put together. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kkWgXkAU2VhmMvbCBlZoCdGmJb5c8Id3fead-ALT0M4/edit#gid=352245601
Bridges Math At Home activities, updated daily – click on link below
Can’t get enough math? Click on the link below for even more awesome, fun, math tasks to get you math-errific!
And just when you think it’s time for bed, you can get in a little bit more math! HA! Check out the site below for daily math-ness before bed!
PLEASE fill out the form below if you math-ed it up this week with any of the challenges above! The feedback is greatly appreciated!